Sunday, January 20, 2008

Curriculum

I am so excited that I have found our curriculum for this fall! We are going to use Little Hearts for His Glory. We will unofficially be doing Kindergarten this year. We can't actually register him for K until next year due to his age. His friend Nate will also be doing this program, so we should be able to continue our homeschool Fridays with them. I had planned on doing unit studies, but it was all getting very involved for me. As most of you know, I am great at making games, visual aids, etc for each unit. However, it takes a LOT of time to come up with the ideas and then make all of that. And I was trying to add a Bible story to each unit, which was all becoming too much. I love the Little Hearts for His Glory because it is a completely Bible centered curriculum. If anyone wants to check it out, go to www.heartofdakota.com . I am still unsure if I will go with the Math program they recommend or use the Math U See. I really think the Math U See will be a good fit for Eric due to his visual learning style. I am hoping to look at it at the homeschool conference in May.

No comments: