Friday, May 1, 2015

Dry land/new gear

I love our dry land coach.  She is simply amazing.  She really takes the time to know the kids and reach each one at his level.  She watched a lot of swim practice yesterday and sat down with Eric before dry land started.  She asked him if he thinks while he is swimming.  (I love that she already knew to go there.  Of course the child is constantly thinking.  He invents most of his games during swim practice.)  She then said when they are doing sprints, he should imagine he is racing an opponent up a rope ladder.  Oh, Sheri, we love you so much!



I had to giggle during dry land practice.  We have new windows at the pool, and practice had to be stopped so the kids could watch a rabbit out the window.  



The area outside the window is going to become an outdoor patio.  It is under construction right now.  

E needed new prescription goggles.  His previous ones were a lower prescription and were incredibly scratched.  I'm not even sure how he could see out of them.  Here is my super silly fella in his new goggles.


We finally got the boy a swim backpack.  All the other kids carry them, but I have just always carried his gear in my swim bag.  No more swim bag for me.  


I know it looks huge, but his fins and kick board barely fit.  Sure makes him look tiny, doesn't it.  

No comments: