Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cullen Jones

We had our awards ceremony for the Gold Swim team Saturday.  Prior to that we had our final soccer game of the season and our soccer party.  Eric has played great, but this has not been my favorite season of soccer.  Our coach kept mixing up Eric and another boy.  So, he constantly yelled Eric's name throughout the game, thus stressing the poor boy out.  Plus, he liked winning too much.  I like winning.  Everyone likes winning.  But as a coach, you have to function win or lose.  After the final game, which we lost, he said not one word to the children except "get your trash".  Seriously.


Here's his team minus a couple of players.  

After the party we headed straight to the awards program.  No where was there any indication that this was a formal event.  I'm talking, shirt/tie/dress formal.  It was in a high school auditorium.  (which was nicer than any auditorium I have ever been in)  So, Eric had changed shirts and put on flip flops.  I had on worn jeans.  And we show up for the ceremony.  Sigh.  But it was great.   


Eric got a one year pin award. 


Cullen Jones was the guest speaker.  He was amazing.  Eric loved every minute of his speech.  I tried to get some of the shots of his reactions.  Hard to do without him noticing.  






Aren't those the cutest!  He loved it.  Cullen is an excellent speaker.  And he and Eric have a lot in common.  Only child.  Started swim lessons when he almost drowned at 5.  Swimming does not come naturally to him.  He said he started taking it seriously at 11.  Hmmm.


I zoomed in on a picture I took of him getting his Gold shirt.  They took group pictures.  I will try to post his when we get it.  







No comments: