Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kaden's visit

Okay, I have tried to upload another video of the boys for 6 days, and it keeps failing to load. So, I am just going to do pictures. Eric had a blast when Kaden came to stay with us for the weekend. Shortly after he got here we left for our music class at Gymboree. We got there about 45 minutes early, and the boys got to free play for a while before class started. The kids who normally come to my class happened not to come that week, so it was just the 3 of us, but the boys had a blast. One song we were doing this time was "A Tisket, a tasket". The boys LOVED that song, and we had to act it out over and over and over and over. I think we did it 20 times. But they were having fun. One would carry the basket and then lose a "letter" out of it. The other would pick it up and put it in his pocket. It cracked me up how much they loved it.





We then planned to meet up with Tracie, Abbie, Aubrie, and Elaina (Kaden's sister) at the zoo. Well, that day was school day at the zoo, and the place was slammed. There was nowhere to park for blocks. We weren't about to fight thousands of people when we can go there anytime. So, we ended up at War Memorial Park. I thought it was cute that Eric wanted to wear one of his hats. Kaden wears a hat everywhere he goes, and Eric wanted to be like him, so he went and picked this one out to wear.


The kids had a great time. They are all so comfortable with each other. It is so sweet. We took some pictures of them together. In this one, we asked them to make a silly face, and this is what we got.

Then we took all the kids to Chic-fil-a. I have to tell you that having five little ones out to eat wasn't that fun. The kids had all finished eating before Tracie or I had taken a single bite of our salads, and I am a very slow salad eater. But, I pulled a bunch of toys out of my bag, and the kids played at the table. Then they went to the playland, where they had a blast. They kept making a train on the slide, all wanting to come down together or right behind one another.


Back at home the boys spent the afternoon playing air hockey. Kaden does not take a nap, and the boys just wanted to play. This was a major activity of the weekend. They played this for hours over the course of the three days.






Later we met Abbie and the girls for pizza. The kids had fun all being together again. Kaden's mom Becky had fixed us up a movie party pack, so we had a movie party that night. The boys loved it - popcorn, candy, movie. What's not to love?


Whew! It was a crazy busy day. And yes, this was only day 1 of our fabulous 3 fun-filled days. If I get time, I will tell you about some more later. For now, I am tired of typing and looking through pictures.

No comments: