Monday, May 19, 2008

First program went great!

Eric did so good at last night's Christ's Kids program! I got called Saturday and asked if he would recite one of his verses. I told her honestly that I didn't know if he would do it. My child is so bashful and not a performer, but I sure wanted him to. She said 3 children would be saying verses, and she wanted to see if he would do it. As you can see in the video, he did great! Christ's Kids is a memory program that our church does, where each year you have certain facts to memorize. After you memorize those facts, you can move on to Bible verses. The facts for the 3 year old class consisted of naming first man and woman, Jesus' mother and father, and the 7 days of creation. Eric did all of those, and then he learned 8 memory verses. His teacher told me yesterday that he was the only one in his class who learned any verses, so I was pretty proud of him. I took a video of him saying the verse (I was pretty nervous, and my hand was shaky, so please forgive the jumpiness). And I made the mistake of taking the video vertically instead of horizontally. I don't know how to fix that, so you will just have to look at it sideways. But, I was so proud of him. He did great!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Wow! Great Job Eric!!! He must be brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

I just watched Eric's video for like the fifth time...and I still can't get over how awesome he did!! I am so proud! I love you!