Monday, December 28, 2015

Fox Theatre

Monday night our friends' son was singing a song during a program at the Fox Theatre.  I was going to keep their baby for them while they went.  However, the mother had bid on some extra tickets at a silent auction fundraiser and won them.  So, she invited us to come and use those tickets.



Three newbies about to enter the Fox.  



We visited with our friends and took lots of pictures.  We wanted to give the baby plenty of time to walk around before she was stuck in the seats for the show.  



Eric and Jonah took turns pretending to be the king and the jester.  I love Eric's face as the king.   

Another king picture.  So, I am understanding that Eric views kings as haughty and grumpy.  Hmm..


There were four seats in our pack, so Jonah sat with us.   This theatre took my breath away.  We had amazing seats.  We were four rows back in the first level of the balcony.  We had a clear view of the stage.  The ceiling above us had twinkling stars and moving clouds.  We felt like we were in an outdoor amphitheatre.  It was cool and comfortable.  My friend had won this seats at a silent auction, and I think they were probably close to $100 each.  




The show was called Joy, An Irish Christmas with Keith and Kristyn Getty.  It was so good.  Eric loved the music, and we ended up ordering him a CD for Christmas.  

My favorite part was when Buddy Greene sang "Mary, did you know?".  He was the writer of the music for the song.  That was pretty amazing to me!  



Cole was one of 20 children who were chosen to sing a song with Kristyn Getty.  What an honor!

At intermission I met up with Cole and his mom. Cole really wanted to sit with Eric also.  I told them the row in front of us had been vacant during the first half, so they were just going to come up and join us.  By the time we got there, the second half was starting.  And someone had the same idea we did, and the row was no longer empty.  So, I quickly sent Cole in to my seat, and I went down to sit with the others.  


Their seats were not nearly as good.  And it was quite hot under the balcony.  

But, the night was such a blessing to us.  Thank you, Crabtrees, for taking us.  

2 comments:

Ellen said...

What a fun night!

Tracy said...

It really was. :)