Thursday, February 12, 2015

DaVinci's Donuts

We had a fun field trip today to DaVinci's Donuts.  They have some crazy good flavors.  I was surprised how much I loved the maple bacon.  I should have just bought a box of those.  SO GOOD!
It's a small business that is about a year old.  The owner met with the group and discussed how she started the business.  Then she showed us how she made the donuts.






And she kindly gave us each one to try.  Most of the kids chose their own icing and toppings.


Here is Eric's creation.  Chocolate icing with chocolate chips and M&Ms.  Not for me, but he loved it.  He is all about making things his own way, so this was right up his alley.  



The donuts were all cake donuts, and the recipe was yummy.  Definitely someplace I would like to go again.   I need some more of the maple bacon already.  Sigh.  

No comments: