Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine Fun


Eric had his Gymboree Valentine party today. (I love when holidays are spread out over more than one day. It makes them so much more fun to me.) He had a great time making his box for the Valentines. The box has purple (his favorite color) paper. He drew a rocket for it and wrote his name. Then it has Larry Boy and Buzz on it. It is really cute. We worked hard on it.

After we made the box, we had to pick out a Valentine for each of the other 13 children. He took his time and picked a Valentine out for each child. We did Lily's first because she is his favorite friend at Gymboree, then he just went from there. It is funny because I remember how fun it was to pick the Valentine that said just the right thing or had just the right picture on it.

Then we made cupcakes to take today. Eric loves to cook. I mean he LOVES it! He is pretty independent and was determined to crack the eggs by himself. Well, he would crack them, and then he would throw the whole egg into the bowl, shell and all. I have no pictures of this because I was too busy trying to fish them out before we had shell in our cupcakes.

One game they play every week at Gymboree Preschool is the freeze dance. There is a special song for it, and it has built in "freeze" moments. Each week we freeze in a specific way based on the theme. Well, since it was Valentine's, we did a hug freeze. When the music would stop, everyone had to find someone to hug. I thought it was funny that Lily and Eric stayed right next to each other so that they could hug every single time. She is a sweet little girl, and I am glad he is friends with her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your Valentine stories and seeing Eric with his friend Lily. His Valentine box looks really cute and I'm glad he enjoyed the cards I sent him. The picture of him looking at his Valentine Cards is priceless. I wish I could have seen Eric cracking those eggs!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading it too! It is so nice to be updated on a regular basis even though I am not actually there. Writing out valentine cards was a favorite activity of mine and I am happy to see you passing on that memory...

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Your valentine entry is so precious! I agree with Mom...the picture of Eric picking out the Valentine cards is my favorite! Haha and the one with Lily and Eric hugging is too cute! I love you all and miss you so much!