Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer swim

June is only halfway over, but we are finished with summer swim team.  How crazy is that!  This season has been interesting.  It has not been my favorite in some ways, but has been so good in others.

Eric has made several friends on the team.  He has really bonded especially with Austin.


Austin just turned 12 a couple of weeks ago.  Eric is quite a bit smaller than most of the boys he swam with/against.  

Today was the awards ceremony.  All the kids got this trophy and a nice t-shirt.  




And then this happened.  



Eric got MVP in the 11-12 year old boys.  He earned the most points over the season for the team.  

I tell you, I would sit through a million crazy practices and a thousand long meets for this moment.  He was so excited and felt so proud.  

He told me the other day, "I love swimming!"
I have to tell you fella, I love YOU!  And I love to watch you swim.  

2 comments:

Ellen said...

That is awesome!!!
Congrats to Eric :)

Tracy said...

Thanks. He was beyond thrilled.