Monday, September 21, 2009

Cookout


On the last night of Kaden's visit, we had a cookout in the backyard. Robert built a fire hole, and then we roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. After they ate, the boys took off on a lightning bug hung. I think they would have stayed out there all night, but the mosquitos were loving us a little too much, so I eventually called it to an end. On an interesting note, we had some bats fly over our heads for about 30 minutes. It was fascinating and a littly creepy. I was happy to see them there - they eat tons of mosquitos - but I was also a little weirded out. I mean, really... bats?
Eric had a great time with his buddy being here!


Widget was pretty tired from running after those boys!







Here is the lightning bug Eric caught.


My husband couldn't just eat a hot dog, so here is his steak roasting over the fire.

1 comment:

Aunt Trenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. What a cute picture of Widget! Mmmmm Smores!